Sometimes teachers need to create complicated assessment items. A single item may contain multiple sources and multiple questions. When this is the case, the paginated content view feature may help. This feature allows users to present content in a page view instead of a scrolling view. This feature is available in OnCourse Classroom and Assessment.
For example, this item has five sources (left) and three questions (right). The sources are presented in a scrolling view, meaning the student must scroll to view each source.
Paginated Content View
Below is the same item presented with pagination enabled. The item has the same five sources (left) and three questions (right). However, with pagination enabled, the student can just click the blue arrow to page through the sources. No need to scroll.
How to Enable Paginated Content
- Navigate to OnCourse Classroom or Assessment
- Create an assessment
- Click on the Assessment tab
- Click the Add Item button
- Click on the Settings button
- Choose the desired layout and Apply
- Click on the blue plus button
- Click on the Features button and choose Passage
- Expand the More Options section
- Check the Enable Paginated Content option
- Click Save Assignment