The Scanner application can now be configured to detect whether a student is scanned in or out of a location and automatically select the appropriate option, which means that students will not need to select a scan option prior to scanning their badge.
CONFIGURE SCANNER LOCATION
- Log into the Scanner app by navigating to app.oncoursesystems.com/scan and entering your OnCourse credentials
- Use the dropdown menus to set the desired school, location, and scan point
- Use the Scanner Action dropdown to select Auto-detect Check IN/OUT
- Choose yes or no for the Allow Student Lookup field
- Click Set Scanner Configuration
STUDENT SCAN EXAMPLE
Student Adam Beckes scans his badge at the Main Building location to be scanned IN.
Later, Adam Beckes scans his badge as he leaves the Main Building location and is automatically scanned OUT.
Please note that if a student scans in or out then attempts to scan again within 30 seconds, the second scan will not take effect and the system will display warning text.