It is now possible to archive multiple versions of a report card at different times of the school year. For example, districts may want to archive report cards after the first semester, then again after the second semester.
There are two steps to this process; add "versions" and archive report cards
Add "Versions" in the System Manager
The first thing that needs to be done is to add a "version". This is done in the System Manager. Essentially a "version" is the name the archived report card will be given. The names allow students and guardians know the difference between various versions. This name will be visible in the Student Report Archiver as well as the Academic History tab in OnCourse Connect.
To do this:
- Navigate to the System Manager
- Expand District
- Expand Student Information Systems Settings
- Expand Report Archiver
- Expand Versions
- Choose a school year
- Click Add Version
- Give the version a Name and a Sort Order
- Click Save
- The newly created version is visible on the left
Archive Report Cards in the Report Card Archiver Application
Next, the report card version needs to be archived. This is done in the Report Card Archiver application.
To do this:
- Click on Student Info and choose Student Report Card Archiver
- Click on the Report Card Archiver tab
- Choose the desired parameters on the left. At the bottom is the Version parameter. This is where you will choose one of the versions that were created in the System Manager.
- Check the students for which you would like to archive the report card
- Click the Archive button
- Choose a Report Type
- Set the desired parameters
- Click the Archive Report button
- Archived report cards are visible on the right
Student View in OnCourse Connect
Once the setup is complete and the archiver has been run, the report cards will be visible in the Academic History tab on OnCourse Connect.