Discipline dispositions can now be configured to automatically generate a daily or period-based attendance value.
Each disposition you wish to automatically generate attendance must be individually configured via the Discipline Code Manager.
- Navigate to the Administration tab (gear cog) and choose System Manager
- Expand District
- Expand Discipline Settings
- Click on Discipline Code Manager
- On the Code Management tab, choose Disposition from the drop-down menu
- Click the Edit (pencil/ruler) icon for the desired disposition
- Select the appropriate option from the Creates Attendance dropdown:
- Daily Attendance Only
- Both Daily and Period Attendance
- Does Not Create Attendance
- Click Save & Close
After the disposition is configured, and the disposition is then added to an incident, the student's attendance will be automatically updated based on the disposition dates applied. This information will then be reflected in the Attendance application.
The below illustration shows an example in the Active Attendance module. The student was given an in-school suspension, which was configured to auto-generate a present value for both daily and period-based attendance. The attendance value for the days was therefore automatically appended with an "In-School Suspension" excuse code. The comment "Auto-generated by Discipline Application" was automatically added.