Some files contain data for multiple assessments in a single file (i.e. Math and ELA). Previously, since a single student is listed multiple times, users were unable to upload the file without altering the file first. This new feature makes it easy for users to break apart a file and upload one assessment at a time.
In the following example, the file has both Math and ELA test date. We will upload ONLY the Math scores without altering the original file.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Select Data Manager
- Choose the NJSLA Math template
- Create or select an existing snapshot
- Choose Actions
- Select Import
- The Data Import Wizard opens
- Step 1: Table Info
- Select a snapshot
- Click the Choose File button
- Select a file
- Click the Next button (and the file will upload)
- Step 2: Import Rules
- Choose the Local ID Column (and/or State ID Column)
- In the Row Filtering section choose which "rows to include or exclude"
- Select Subject in for "the row that will be included or excluded"
- Choose Mathematics in the "contains any of the following values" field
- Click the Next button
- Step 3: Validation Results
- A summary of valid and invalid rows is visible here
- When you're finished, click Finish
- The uploaded files are visible in the Snapshots tab