Welcome to the OnCourse Student Information System! In this video series, we give you a brief intro to some of the key things you'll do in OnCourse every day.
Basics for Beginners
- Student Portfolios (4:20)
This video takes you on a tour of the Student Portfolio Documents tab. Learn how to create folders and upload documents.
- Connecting Guardians to Students (3:30)
Learn how to connect guardians to students and assign permissions.
- Reviewing Student Grades (2:19)
This video takes you on a tour of the Grades tab. Learn how to view progress reports, add override grades and exception codes, export to Excel, and print.
- Student Schedule tab (User Guide)
Student’s schedules are available in each individual profile. This is a live schedule, changing as modification are made. You can even make changes to the schedule directly in the student profile. This guide will show you how to make those modifications.
- Student Transcript Records (4:37)
This video takes you on a tour of the Transcript tab. Learn how to view transcript grade details, add courses, and run the Student Transcript Report.
Creating Custom Reports
- Create a New Advanced Search (5:12)
Learn how to create custom reports using the Advanced Search feature.
- Creating Letters and Labels with a Mail Merge (5:14)
Learn how to create letters and labels using the mail merge feature.
- Exporting Search Results (1:22)
Learn how to export your search results to Microsoft Excel.
- Sharing Advanced Searches (2:51)
Learn how to share your advanced searches with other staff members.
- Sorting & Filtering Advanced Search Data (4:18)
Learn how to sort and filter your advanced search results.
- Guardian Contact & Demographic Information (2:21)
Look at the general information contained in the guardian profile.
- Identifying Students Linked to Guardians (2:36)
This video shows where and which students are linked to the selected guardian as well as all the details within the Student tab.
Health & Medical
- Health Alerts (User Guide)
This document will show you how to create and edit health alerts. You will also learn how to access health alerts in different areas of the OnCourse system.
- Letters Tab Navigation (1:25)
This video shows users how to navigate the Letters tab where discipline and attendance letters are automatically generated based on rules configured by your district.
- Viewing & Printing Auto Generated Letters (2:56)
This video shows users how to edit, print, email, archive, and delete auto-generated discipline and attendance letters via the Letters tab.
- SIS: Mobile App (7:34)
This video shows users how to use the OnCourse Student Information Systems mobile application.
Reporting with OnCourse
- Attendance Reports (4:42)
This video covers a few of the most popular OnCourse attendance reports.
- Frequently Used SIS Reports (User Guide)
OnCourse has more than 100 canned reports for you to use! Here are some snapshots of key reports most school utilize.
- Student & Guardian Reports (4:02)
This video covers a few of the most popular OnCourse student and guardian reports.