Accessibility options assist students when they are taking tests. When creating an assignment in OnCourse Classroom, teachers have a number of accessibility options to choose from. To further help students, OnCourse has added three new accessibility options:
- Sticky Note (coupled with Sticky Note Visibility )
- Drawing Mode (coupled with Drawing Mode Visibility )
To activate these options:
- Open the desired assignment (or create a new assignment) in OnCourse Classroom
- In the assignment window, click on the Assessments tab
- Click on the Details tab
- Expand the Navigation/Controls section
- At the bottom, you will see the new accessibility options
- Click to change No to Yes
- Click Save Assignment
Once the teacher publishes the assignment, students will be able to access it in OnCourse Connect. The accessibility options menu is visible on the right side of the screen. This is where students will choose accessibility options.
Notepad - This option allows students to add notes to the assignment.
Once students have added a notepad by selecting it from the accessibility menu, they can simply type their notes into the notepad. The notepad will remain visible when students navigate from item to item in the assignment.
In the upper-right corner of the notepad there are three options:
- Click to collapse the notepad
- Click to maximize the notepad
- Click to close the notepad
Drawing Mode - This option allows students to draw directly on an assessment item. The drawing is ONLY visible on the item on which it is drawn.
At the top of the screen students will see the following menu:
- Click to show and hide the grid
- Click to choose a color
- Click to choose the Pencil
- After the pencil is chosen, create a drawing
- Click to choose the Eraser
- Click directly on the lines of the drawing you would like to erase
- Click to remove the drawing options
Hide Drawings - This option allows students to hide drawings they have added to the item. Clicking again will make the drawings reappear.
Sticky Note - This option allows students to add notes to a single item. Sticky notes can be moved by dragging and dropping.
At the top of the sticky note you will see the following menu:
- Click to collapse the sticky note
- Click to delete the sticky note
Hide Sticky Note - This option allows students to hide sticky notes they have added to the item. Clicking again will make the sticky notes reappear.
*available in both OnCourse Classroom and Assessment