It used to be that once an assignment was published, the author was unable to edit the marking period to which it was saved. However, this new feature changes all that. Now teachers are able to easily change the marking period of a saved assignment.
To do this:
- Navigate to the OnCourse Grade Book
- Select a class
- Right-click on an assignment
- Choose the Change Marking Period option
- In the new window you will see the following message:
Important Note: If students from this marking period are not enrolled in the target marking period their assignment grade data will not be preserved.
- Choose the Marking Period to which you would like to transfer the assignment. In this example, we will move the selected assignment to the fourth marking period.
- Choose the Category in the new marking period to which you would like to transfer the assignment. In this example, we will move the selected assignment to Tests.
- Click Save
- Head over to the marking period to which the assignment was transferred. In this example, we'll go to the fourth marking period.
- The assignment will be visible in there.
* This feature is ONLY available in the new Grade Book
If you are currently using the legacy Grade Book, click HERE for the steps to switch to the new Grade Book.