Welcome to the OnCourse Student Information System! In this video series, we give you a brief intro to some of the key things you'll do in OnCourse every day.
Basics for Beginners
- Finding a Student, Guardian, or Staff Profile (2:30)
Learn how to use the People tab to look up a comprehensive student record.
- New People Look and Feel (3:43)
Take a tour of the upgraded People tab. For the most part, the functionality remains the same, but there are a few new features.
Adding and Exiting Students and Guardians
- Adding a New Student in LA (3:04)
Learn how to add new student profiles, focusing on Louisiana enrollment procedures.
- Adding a New Student in NJ (2:49)
Learn how to add new student profiles, focusing on New Jersey enrollment procedures.
- Adding New Guardians (3:53)
Learn how to create guardian profiles as part of registering a new student as well as from scratch.
- Exiting a Student from School in LA (2:55)
Learn how to exit students from your school, focusing on Louisiana enrollment procedures.
- Exiting a Student from School in NJ (2:43)
Learn how to exit students from your school, focusing on New Jersey enrollment procedures.
- Create a New Advanced Search (5:12)
Learn how to create custom reports using the Advanced Search feature.
- Creating Letters and Labels with a Mail Merge (5:14)
Learn how to create letters and labels using the mail merge feature.
- Exporting Search Results (1:22)
Learn how to export your search results to Microsoft Excel.
- Sharing Advanced Searches (2:51)
Learn how to share your advanced searches with other staff members.
- Sorting & Filtering Advanced Search Data (4:18)
Learn how to sort and filter your advanced search results.
- Staff Identification and Demographics (2:14)
Look at the general information contained in staff profiles, focusing on identification and demographics.
- Guardian Contact & Demographic Information (2:21)
Look at the general information contained in the guardian profile.
- Identifying Students Linked to Guardians (2:36)
View which students are connected to a particular guardian.
- Finding a Student, Guardian, or Staff Profile (2:56)
Learn how to perform a basic search for student, guardian, and staff profiles and how to sort and organize the information you see.
- Tour of the Student Info Section (2:03)
Take a tour of the Student Information Section.
- Connecting Guardians to Students (3:30)
Learn how to connect guardians to students and assign permissions.
- Student Contact Information & Demographics (5:32)
Review the information in the General tab of a student's profile.
- Online Registration (21:01)
This webinar walks users through the Online Registration process.
- Annual Registration (5:28)
This video walks users through the Annual Registration process.
- Online Registration for Office Staff (user Guide)
This guide walks school/office staff through the online registration process
- Grade Book Overview (10:34)
Learn how to navigate through the new OnCourse Grade Book.
- Report Card Archiver (User Guide)
This guide will show you how to set your preferred report card type, and provide instructions showing how parents and students can download these archived report cards.
- Generating Student Report Cards (2:08)
Learn how to generate student report cards.
- Taking Attendance (4:01)
See a walkthrough of a teacher taking roll, leaving comments, and making sure no students are missed! If your school uses check-in/check-out attendance, be sure to watch this video too.
- Active Attendance (11:57)
With this application, users can more easily batch update attendance records and determine the number of students who are late or absent by using the optional filters.
- Check-In/Out for Attendance Admins (13:32)
This video takes attendance administrators through the process of taking attendance, specifically using the check in/out feature.
- Attendance Track Manager (User Guide)
This guide will show you how to modify individual days, as well as change the settings for a wide date range.
- Bulk Student Administration Tab (User Guide)
This tab allows for the editing of old attendance records for multiple students. You’ll be able to update and modify multiple records for multiple students simultaneously.
- Daily Attendance Column (User Guide)
The Daily Attendance column allows the user to see a student’s recorded daily attendance status throughout the day. This feature is especially helpful if your school is using period-based attendance.
- Editing Daily Attendance Records for Period-Based Schools (User Guide)
This guide will show both teachers and administrators how to change the daily value on its own if necessary.
- Single Student Administration (User Guide)
This guide will show you how to edit individual records and also multiple records.
- Batch Updating Attendance Codes (User Guide)
This guide will show you how to update several students when taking daily or period attendance.
- 504 Application (8:02)
- I&RS Application (14:40)
- Survey Manager (3:58)
- Batch Updater (4:24)
- Fees Management (5:49)
- Homeless Tracker (3:12)
- Graduation Pathways in LA (15:30)
- Graduation Pathways in NJ (12:25)
- PARCC Tab (2:33)
- Processing Guardian Change Requests (User Guide)
- School and District Groups (5:43)
- Student Notes Application (User Guide)
- UDF Builder Application (5:43)
Don't forget to check out the rest of OnCourse University for more videos and user guides! Use the "Search" feature to look for specific topics.