You now have new ways of analyzing question-level items that provide a more detailed look at student responses: by student Choices or student Scores.
To access Item Analysis:
- From the Home screen, click on the Assessment icon
- Select the Assessment Analysis tab
- Choose appropriate Data Set
- Click Run Report
- Click on the Item Analysis (Question Level) tab
- Select By Student
- Choose from Show Choices or Show Scores buttons
At the top of each column is a Bar Chart icon or an Information icon
- is visible for all multiple-choice questions. Clicking this icon will show a Frequency Distribution Chart for the associated question.
- is visible for all non-multiple choice questions. Clicking this icon will show the actual question.
This tab offers a detailed look at the choices students made for each question. There will either be a letter or a dash. A letter indicates a student's choice(s). A dash indicates an open-ended or unanswered question. Hovering over a student's choice provides more detailed information.
Hovering over a multiple choice answer will show Score, Level, Level Min, and Level Max.
- Multiple choice questions with an answer look like this:
- Multiple choice questions without an answer look like this:
- Non-multiple choice questions look like this:
This tab offers a detailed look at the scores students received for each question. Hovering over a score provides more detailed information.
EXPORT TO EXCEL
To export Choices or Scores to Excel. simply select the Export button after running a report.
Note: If you are not seeing the correct information when running a report, you may need to go back and update the data by auto-grading the assessment again and rerunning the report.
To do this:
- Navigate to the Testing Center tab
- Choose the desired assessment
- Select all students in the class
- Click on the Actions menu
- Choose Auto-Grade Assessment(s) Again
- In the new window click on the Auto Grade button
- Rerun the report