The NJDOE now requires districts to submit the "Remote Days in Attendance" and the "Remote Days in Membership."
To calculate this effectively, we recommend that your district add additional codes specific to remote learning days.
Here is one sample setup:
OnCourse has released a new Attendance Code Setting called "Remote Learning", which will be explained in detail in this guide.
Setting Up New Attendance Codes
First, we recommend renaming your existing attendance codes with an "In-Person" suffix.
Next, when creating your new set of Remote Learning attendance codes, their settings will be virtually identical to your current In-Person attendance codes - they just need a unique name, abbreviation, and the Remote Learning checkbox must be checked. This is detailed below.
Note: When your new codes are created, your staff will be able to see them immediately. For that reason, it is imperative to communicate to staff your new process for recording attendance.
To add new remote learning attendance codes:
1. Navigate to the to the Attendance Codes section of the System Manager by
following this path:
Gear Cog > System Manager > District > GradeBook Settings > District Options > Attendance Settings > Student Attendance > Attendance Codes > Add Attendance Code
2. Give the attendance code a name like Absent-Remote and an abbreviation like A-R.
3. Then copy the values from the existing Absent code
4. After duplicating all of the values, simply check the Remote Learning box.
Checking the Remote Learning box means the attendance code will submitted to the state as Remote Learning.
5. Repeat steps 2-3 to create as many remote learning attendance codes as needed.