When something isn't working properly, you want it fixed as quickly as possible (and OnCourse Support team wants this too!)
COVID had a big effect on support requests (a 350% increase) and OnCourse is taking steps to improve responsiveness as quickly as possible.
As these go into effect, one temporary step to get a faster response is to use a written (e-mail) submission instead of voicemail submission. Here's why.
Voicemails typically take three times longer than emails to respond to because they can not capture all the necessary details due to the time limit.
- OnCourse can't respond to voicemails on the weekend since schools are not in session, so, there is no one to call back.
- Submitting a properly written support ticket typically provides all the necessary information needed to resolve the issue and significantly increases the chances of getting a faster response.
Here are best practices when creating an OnCourse Support written support ticket. Thanks so much in advance for taking these steps while we improve capacity!
Before sending a support ticket:
- Clear your cache
- Try it from a different browser
*We know this is a pain, but most issues are fixed by taking these steps
Create a support ticket:
- Tell us your full name, school district, and username
- Let us know which web browser you are using
- Clearly state the problem
- Provide steps to reproduce the issue
- Include screenshots
- Be sure to include any information from STEP ONE
- telling OnCourse that you've already done these steps will save time and speed up the process
WRITTEN SUPPORT TICKET EXAMPLE:
Hi, my name is Beth Ferguson. I work at the Elementary School in the OnCourse School District. I am using a Chrome browser.
Today, I was trying to update and export counselor and advisor data for the students at my school. I was able to input the data into the Batch Updater, but when I exported the data to Excel, the data was different. I'm seeing names in the Batch Updater and numbers in the Excel export. (I've included screenshots below). Please help!
Steps to Reproduce:
Student Info > Batch Updater
Choose Counselor/Advisor Information from Fieldset To Update field
Choose Elementary School from the School field
Select Load Data Set button
Click Export to Excel button
BATCH UPDATER DATA: