When teachers create an OnCourse Classroom assignment they have the option of attaching a Google document. And now teachers have FOUR different ways to attach Google documents, impacting the way in which students will be able to interact with the attachment. These are the options:
- Template Mode: Students get individual copies for use as a template to edit.
- Collaborative Mode: Students all view and can edit the same file collaboratively.
- Restricted Mode: Students must request access to the file.
- Resource Only: Students will only be able to open a viewable copy of the doc.
Teachers have always been able to attach Google documents in Template Mode or Resource Only to an OnCourse Assignment. However, a few edits have been made:
- The way in which Google docs are attached has slightly changed
- The Collaborative Mode option was added
- The Restricted Mode option was added
To attach a Google document to an OnCourse Classroom assignment:
- Navigate to OnCourse Classroom
- Select the Assignments tab
- Add a New Assignment
- Fill out the Settings and Student Instructions areas
- Click on the Google Icon
- Sign into your Google Drive
- Select a document
- The Google Doc Sharing Settings window will appear
- Choose the way in which you would like to share the document with your students
- Click the Apply Selected Permissions button
- Publish the assignment so it's visible to students