Staff members who have access to the Health and Medical application can now add a clickable link to a student's health alert. Some districts have used this feature to link a Google Doc so staff members can read existing information and add new information if necessary.
Follow these steps to create a clickable link:
- Navigate to the Health and Medical application
- Open a student record
- Select the Health Alert tab
- Click on the Add button
- Create a health alert
- In the Health Alert Link area, add a web address (make sure to include http:// at the beginning of the web address for it to be valid)
- When you're finished, click Save
- Now the link will be visible in the Health and Medical application. To open the link, just click directly on the link icon. You will be taken to the web address associated with the link.
Web links can be added to existing health alerts too. Simply open an existing health alert, add the web address to the Health Alert Link area, and Save.
Once a link is added to a student's health alert, other staff members will be able to access the link. The link is visible in the Student Record, Grade Book, and Attendance. Simply click on the Health Alert icon, navigate to the web link, and click on it. You will be taken to the associated webpage.