If your school is using Student Self-Attendance, here are a few tips that main office staff should know about.
1. Regular (teacher-entered) attendance and student self-attendance will all populate in the normal Attendance tab
Note: Self-attendance creates the Daily Attendance value only; this feature will not update period- or class-based attendance.
2. Any attendance record logged by the student will appear with an auto-comment to alert you that it was a "Student Self Attendance" record (see blue arrow below)
3. To confirm who logged a self-attendance record, hold your mouse pointer over it and OnCourse will display the time it was taken and who logged it
4. If your account has the correct permissions, you will be able to change the student's attendance status and Save your new value, when needed.
When self-attendance is taken, a daily attendance value is generated. Teachers will NOT be able to change the Daily Attendance value. Daily attendance values that are generated by self-attendance can ONLY be changed in Active Attendance by users with the proper permissions.
- If your district is using the Cohort feature to keep track of who is/is not in the building, use the Cohort drop-down (left side of the screen) to more quickly filter your remote or on-premise groups
- It's a good practice to check the Missing Attendance or Missing Student areas to make sure that all attendance has been taken for the day