This guide will highlight the benefits and features of the Advanced Search feature within OnCourse. If you see features pictured that you cannot access, please speak with your System Manager about your permission level.
1. People Tab
Start by selecting the People tab in your profile.
2. Create New Advanced Search
Click the icon labeled "New Advanced Search".
3. Select Parameters
In the new window, select the parameters for your search. You have a wide variety from which to choose.
• Search Types include: Students, Guardians, Staff, Student Attendance, Student Discipline, Enrollment
4. Add Data Fields
Once you select your main parameter, identify the data fields you want in your search. Simply select the fields in the window on the left, and drag them to the window on the right.
5. Advanced Tip: Sorting and Filtering
In order to further customize your search, you can also add filters and default sorting options. These are optional, but can enhance your search.
6. Save & Run
Always save your search before running it, otherwise you will have to re-create it.
7. Manipulate Data
Once you have run your advanced search, you can manipulate the results. By clicking on a column header, you can sort your results by that data field. You can also choose which columns to display at any given time.
**NOTE: Choosing to hide columns does not remove them from your search.**
8. Export to Excel
Once you run your report, you can export all or some of your results to MS Excel.
9. Merge with Documents
You also have the ability to merge your search results and export fully individualized forms, letters, and labels.
1. Select the search results you wish to merge (or merge all of them).
2. Click "Mail Merge". Select which results you are merging.
3. Select the merge template you wish to use, or create a new one.
4. You have the option of Importing a Word document.
5. Customize the template using the available merge fields.
6. Click "Start Merge" to export the template forms to PDF or MS Word.