The Access Type option allows districts to provide individual users view-only or edit access to student records within a school. To change the access type, users must have access the User Manager. If you don't have access and believe you should, please contact your System Administrator.
SET/EDIT ACCESS TYPE
To add or edit the Access Type, navigate to the User Manager, open a staff record, and select the Schools tab. Here you will see all the schools to which the selected user has access.
You have two choices: Add a School or Edit an Existing School
Add a School
- Select the Add School button
- Choose a School
- Choose an Access Type
Edit an Existing School
- Find the school you would like to edit
- Click directly on the Access Type for that school
OPEN STUDENT RECORD
Now, when the user accesses a student record what they will see is dependent on the Access Type they have been given (View or Edit).
- Edit access allows users to view and edit student records in the associated school
- View access allows users to ONLY see the Comprehensive Student Report for students in the associated school