During the school year, to keep things organized in OnCourse Classroom, teachers have the option to archive assignments.
To do this:
- Navigate to OnCourse Classroom and click on the Assignments tab
- Choose the desired class
- Click on the Active tab
- Right-click on the assignment you would like to archive
- Choose the Archive option
- The assignment will be moved to the Archived tab
- Later, if you decide you want to use the assignment again, you can Unarchive it
After the school year has ended, OnCourse automatically archives all of your Classroom assignments so you will be able to access them in subsequent years. Assignments are archived in the Assignment Bank tab.
When the new school year rolls around, you can search the assignment archives and copy previously saved assignments to the current school year.
- To access archived assignments and copy them to the current school year,
- open OnCourse Classroom and click on the Assignments tab.
- Choose a class period and a marking period.
- Click on the arrow on the New Assignments button, and choose Add Assignment from Archived Class.
- In the new window, choose the School Year, Archived Class, and Marking Period. A list of archived assignments will appear below.
- Check the assignment(s) you would like to copy, and click the Add Assignment button.
- In the new window, choose the Group or Class and select the User to which you would like to copy the assignment.
- You also have the option of adding the assignment to the Grade Book.
- Check the Add to Grade Book box
- Choose the Marking Period and Category to which you would like to add the assignment
- Choose to either Copy to Classes or Copy to Classes and Publish.
And voila! The selected archived assignment has been copied into the current year.