Often in elementary schools and sometimes in middle schools, a group of students will be enrolled in the same classes, traveling together throughout the school day. The Schedule By Section feature makes this type of scheduling easier than ever.
(Step-by-step, written instructions are available below the video.)
In this example, first-grade students in Section 1B will be traveling together.
The Anchor Class is Homeroom 1.
Select Sections to Include
- To begin, navigate to the Class Manager and click on the Sections tab.
- Identify all of the classes in which the group of students need to be enrolled and, using the checkboxes on the left, select all of their core classes and specials.
- Included in this group of classes MUST be an Anchor Class - a class in which all of the students who will be traveling together have already been enrolled.
- When you're finished, click the Schedule By Section button.
Choose Anchor Class and Effective Date
- In the new window, choose the Anchor Class from the dropdown menu.
- Below on the left is a list of all of the students in the Anchor Class.
- All will be checked by default; uncheck any you wish to exclude.
- On the right is a list of the sections to which the students will be added. - If you wish to edit this list, you will need to close out of this window and change your selections prior to clicking the Schedule by Section button.
- When you're satisfied with your choices, click the Schedule Students button. Choose an Effective Date and click Add Students. Now, the group of students is scheduled in all of the selected classes.