Observations in OnCourse can be scored one of two ways; single-scored, or double-scored. This guide will walk you through the mechanisms of a dual scored observation so you can take full advantage of the evaluation tools available to you.
1. Set Rules
In order to take full advantage of double-scored observations, you must first set rules
- Within your Evaluation Management tab, navigate to your System Setup tab.
- Click "Observation Scheduling Matrix" on the left-hand side.
- Click the green (+) button to create a new profile, or click the pencil icon next to an existing profile.
- In the new window, add a rule and denote a double-scoring option.
**NOTE: If you mandate additional options (pre/post conference), both observations will have to respect all of those options to satisfy the rule
2. Observation Scheduling Matrix
Next we need to make sure the rule we created is active.
- Click your Observations tab
- Click the "Observation Scheduling Matrix" tab
- Select the appropriate school and the profile you just created/edited
- Verify the rule appears as you intended it
3. Create Observations
When you create an observation, make sure you select the option to double-score the staff member, and add the second observer. The rest of the observation options should be set as normal.
This creates two separate observations which must have identical settings in order to fulfill the staff member's rule. Pre & post conference settings must be modified separately for each
observation if they are required to fulfill the rule.
4. Observation Scheduling Matrix (Revisited)
Once both observations are scheduled, checking the Observation Scheduling Matrix will confirm that both observations have the same settings. If they do not, you will likely see a rule as being half-filled, such as in the example below.