Now, when an assignment is marked as Non-Calculated, it will be visible to students and guardians in OnCourse Connect.
There are two types of assignments that can be marked as non-calculated:
- Assignments created in Grade Book
- Assignments created in Classroom that are ALSO linked to Grade Book
*When an assignment is marked as non-calculated in Classroom the tag is automatically visible in Grade Book.
*When an assignment is marked as non-calculated in Grade Book, the tag is automatically visible in Classroom ONLY if the assignment is linked to the Grade Book.
How do Teachers Tag an Assignment as Non-Calculated?
Assignments created in Grade Book
- Navigate to Grade Book > My Grade Book
- Create a new assignment or open an existing assignment
- In the new window, check the Non-Calculated Assignment box
Assignments created in Classroom (ALSO linked to Grade Book)
- Navigate to Classroom
- Click on the Assignments tab
- Select the New Assignment button
- On the left, in the Settings area, check the Add to Grade Book box
- Choose a marking period and a category
- Check the Non-Calculated Assignment box
- Click the Save Assignment button
How do Student/Guardians View a Non-Calculated Assignment?
- Log into OnCourse Connect
- Select the Academic History tab
- Click on the desired marking period grade to view the progress report
- Locate the desired assignment
- The Non-Calculated tag is located to the right of the assignment name