We've made a few changes to the Assessment Access Codes window.
You can now:
- Change the email address to which the access code will be sent
- Email select students
What is the purpose of the window?
The Assessment Access Code window contains assessment and student information for the selected assessment, including the unique assessment code and each student's access code. The Assessment Access Codes option is only available in assignments that contain an assessment, and the information in the window is unique to the selected assessment.
At the top of the window, you will see:
- The unique assessment code
Within the window, you will see the following columns:
- Student names
- Student email addresses
- Student access codes
- The date the assessment was accessed by the student
- The date the last email was sent via the Assessment Access Codes feature
How do I access the window?
The Assessment Access Codes window is available in both Assessment and Classroom.
Assessment > Testing Center tab > Select an assessment > Tools > View Access Codes
Classroom > Assignments tab > Select an assessment > Tools > View Access Codes
How do I e-mail selected students?
We've added checkboxes next to the student names that allow you to specify one or more students to email. If no boxes are checked, the email will be sent to all students in the class.
To do this:
- Check the box(es) to the left of the student name to select the student
- Click Actions > Email Selected Students
- Click OK to confirm
How do I temporarily change a student's email address or add an email address?
- Click directly on the existing email
- Highlight to delete it
- Replace it with a valid email
- Click somewhere outside of the email field
- Continue with steps from the previous section to send emails
This will ONLY change the email for this instance. When the Assessment Access Codes window is reopened, the original email will be visible. The email in the student record will NOT be changed.
*This feature is visible in both OnCourse Assessment and Classroom