Images copied directly from a document and pasted into an assessment item in OnCourse Assessment or Classroom may include unneeded code that can cause problems down the road, including distribution, administration, and scoring of an assessment or assignment.
This is because pasted images will be encoded in "Base 64" format directly into the assessment question and may cause the question to exceed its maximum allowable file size. Uploaded images are 'linked' to the question and do not add significantly to the question's file size.
Therefore, best practice is to save the images to your device, then upload the saved images to your assessment or assignment, rather than copying and pasting.
Save the Image to Your Device
Whether you are obtaining an image from the internet, a Word document, or somewhere else, the first step is to save it to your device.
- Right-click directly on the image
- Choose Save Image As (the wording may vary)
- Give the image a name and Save
Upload the Image to the Assessment/Assignment
Once the image has been saved to your device, the next step is to upload it to the assessment or assignment.
- Navigate to the item Assessment or Classroom item and click the Edit icon (pencil/ruler) to open the editing screen
- Click in the question field to show the formatting toolbar, then click the Image button in the toolbar
- In the new window, either
- Drag and drop the image from your device's file browser, or
- Click the big plus button to browse for the saved image on your device
- Click OK to finalize the upload