Teachers will receive a notification via email and internally with OnCourse when an IEP section is ready to be updated. Teachers will have easy access to these notifications via IEP Listing tab.
1. IEP Listing Tab
If you do not see the IEP Listing tab, please contact your district or school system manager.
2. How will I know if I need to complete an IEP Section?
• You will be notified via email.
• You will also be able to view your notifications in the IEP Listing tab.
3. Student Listing View
• Click on the Draft IEP icon or green Active IEP icon to view only the complete IEP.
• Notifications are color coded for ease in recognizing deadlines.
• You can Open the notification and Mark Completed.
Notifications will have a "show more" option to minimize the initial length
After choosing to "show more", then the option will be to "show less"
5. Review and Acknowledge Receipt of Student IEP
• The first notification type option is: Review and Acknowledge Receipt of Student IEP.
• Click on: Review and Acknowledge Receipt of Student IEP.
• Type your name to acknowledge receipt of the student IEP.
• Click Mark complete to notify the case manager.
6. How do I edit the IEP Section?
• From the Notification click on Open.
• Click Edit Section
• Depending on the section type, you will click Add use the Editing Pencil or Edit Section to simply type in the needed information.
7. Progress Reporting on Goals & Objectives
Progress sections are now part of the Goals & Objectives section. Once a goal and objective are created, teachers have the ability to edit the progress keys by going through the IEP
Listing tab and opening the student's IEP to which they have
**NOTE: Teachers can only edit a student's progress without specifically invited. In order to add a goal, they would need to be sent a new notification from the case manager.
8. Adding New Multi-Year Goals
In order to follow a student through multiple years, Goals and Objectives can be identified by the grade level in which the student is to complete the goal. This eliminates the need to create additional sections as the student advances through school.
9. Is my IEP section complete?
• Your final step is to click on Mark Completed
• This will notify your case manager that the section has been completed.
10. Your Notification for Completing the IEP Section has been Sent!