This guide will walk you through the communication options available to you from within the Grade Book.
You can send emails directly from your Grade Book. You can send them to parents, guardians, or the students themselves.
Enter the Grade Book and choose Send Email from the Actions dropdown menu.
Expand "Compose Mail" to expose your class list and choose a class.
Select the recipients.
Note: only primary guardians are available as recipients
Choosing a template, marking period, and specific assignment are available options.
Compose and send your email.
Adding New Email Recipients
By default, only guardians labeled Primary will be available as email recipients. However, you can make additions to your address book.
While in the main email window, expand Address Book, then expand one of your classes.
Select a student and click the green (+) button to add a recipient.
Fill out the form with all necessary information.
Save the new contact. You can edit them later.
This can be helpful when adding students to your address book in order to communicate with them directly.
Creating Email Templates
You can also create templates if you plan on sending the same type of email on a regular basis.
1. In the main email window, expand Templates.
2. Click Add Template.
3. Complete the template, and save.
History and Signature
In the main email window, you also have the option of searching your history of sent email and customizing your email signature.
Posting Message to OnCourse Connect
In addition to sending emails, you can also post messages to OnCourse Connect from the Grade Book.
1. In the Grade Book, choose Post OnCourse Connect Message from the Actions dropdown menu.
2. A new window will open. Click the Compose New OnCourse Connect Message button to create a new message.
2. Click the Add Recipients button to select which students and/or guardians you would like to message. Click the Add Checked button when you're finished.
3. You can remove recipients from the list by clicking the "trash can" icon next to their name.
4. Enter a post date, subject, and message.
5. Click Post Message.
6. To edit a message, select the message and make any necessary changes. When you're finished, click the Update button.