As a teacher, one of your jobs is to take student attendance. The Attendance App makes this easy to do right from your mobile device. It eliminates the need to be in front of your computer or remember to transfer from paper later, freeing you up to focus on more important things.
This guide will show you how take daily and period based attendance with the OnCourse Attendance app.
Choosing Your School, Date, and Class
1. To access this app, visit the App Store or Google Play Store and search for “OnCourse Attendance”. Download the app and click on the application icon to open. Log in with your regular OnCourse username and password and you will be taken to this screen.
2. The calendar will default to the current day. If you’d like to change the day, click here,
3. and choose a date from the calendar.
4. To begin, click this button,
5. and choose your school and the rotation day.
6. To find the appropriate class, click on the class name,
7. and choose a class.
1. You will see two attendance codes. If your school is using period based attendance, the top, red code, is the attendance for this particular class. The bottom, black code, is the daily attendance, usually taken during homeroom.
2. There are two ways to change the default code. One way is to tap the red code. The code changes with each click.
3. Continue tapping the code until you see the one you’re looking for.
4. The second way to change the default code is to click this arrow.
5. On the new screen, click this arrow,
6. and choose from the available options.
Excuse and Other Codes
1. If your school or district has given you access to excuse code, lunch and comment fields, you can access them by clicking this arrow.
2. To access choices for a field, click the arrow that corresponds to that field,
3. and choose an excuse code.
4. Fields you don’t have access to will be greyed out.
5. When you’re finished, click Close.
2. After taking attendance, it will look like this. The top and bottom attendance codes will be identical because they are the same, since attendance is only taken once a day.
1. If you’d like to input the same attendance code for every student, click here to use autofill.
2. Click the arrow for the corresponds fields,
3. Choose from this menu
4. As well as this menu
5. Every student in the class will now have the same attendance code for that class period.
6. When you’re finished, click this button (#1) to save then confirm (#2).
7. The attendance code will change from red to black with a check mark indicating the code is saved.
1. You can toggle on and off student pictures by clicking this icon.
2. Toggle this button to the off position.
The screen will look like this.
1. If a student has a medical condition you will see a red box with a white cross next to their name. Click the corresponding arrow,
2. and scroll down to see the medical information. Typically nurses and a select few administrators have the ability to create and edit these records. Only users with access to student health and medical information have this ability.
1. When you’re ready to logout, click here.
2. And confirm.