This guide will teach you the steps for creating and operating a student's Special Education workflow.
A "workflow" is an interactive process that will guide you through critical steps in a student's referral, annual review, etc.
1. Accessing the Student Record
• Click the Special Education Tab.
• Double-Click the Student to Open the Student Record.
2. Select the Student's Workflow Tab
• Select the Actions Drop Down Menu
• Add New Workflow: Begins a new student workflow process.
• Refresh Workflow: Refreshes the Process
• Delete Workflow: Deletes the Process
• Export Workflow: Option to Export Workflow
3. Adding a New Workflow
• Click Actions.
• Select Add New Workflow.
• Choose the Workflow Template from the Drop Down Menu.
• Click Save.
4. Tools for Managing the Workflow
• Properties: Quickly view or edit any dates in the workflow process
• View: Select Flow Chart or Listing
• Status: Select Active, In-Active, or Completed
5. Tools for Managing Each Step of the Process
• The Current Step in the Process is Highlighted in Red.
• Expand/Collapse: Expand or Collapse the Details of the Step.
• Edit Workspace: Add Posts, Emails, Events, and Documents to a Step.
• Add Form: Add a Form or Letter to the Step.
6. Steps When a Date is Needed
• When Viewing the Current Step, Click here to set the event date.
• The Properties window will open for you to add the date(s).
• Click Save
• Select the Effective Date of this change, and Save.
These set dates drive the alerts viewed in the Event Timeline and Student Dashboard.
7. Steps When a Form/Letter is Needed
• Click on the Envelope Icon.
• This will open the Add Form window, where template letters can be created for ease of use.
To learn more about adding forms and letters view, "System Management: Managing Form/Letter Templates".
8. Completing a Step in the Workflow
• Check the Box to Mark the Step Complete.
• You Have the Option to Add Completion Notes.
• Finally, You Can Clear All Related Alerts.