The Class Manager is used to create and manage the school’s infrastructure of courses, sections, and meeting times. This infrastructure will be the foundation for generating student schedules, teacher Grade Books, attendance-eligible classes, and more.
This final guide will show you how to populate your section rosters with students.
1. Enrolling Students in a Section
1. To enroll/transfer students in a section, click the hyperlink under the Students column.
2. The window that appears will display any enrolled students, and a count of students at the bottom of the screen.
3. To add, drop, or transfer students, use the buttons on the
2. Adding Students
1. Click the Add Students button, the student selector will appear.
2. Use the Available Students drop-down menu to select students by class, grade level, or homeroom, then use the next drop-down to select which sub- population to view
3. To select the entire class, click the first student, hold the SHIFT key, and click the last student. Every student between the first and last will be selected in blue.
4. To select individual students, hold the CTRL key (or COMMAND key for Mac users) and click on each student to select them in blue.
5. When all students have been selected, click the Add button.
6. OnCourse will ask for the effective date that the student(s) will enter the course. Select the correct date, then click Add Student(s). OnCourse will perform the addition on the selected date.
7. Note: This feature will effectively track student exit/entry for state Course Submission.
3. Dropping/Transferring Students
Any enrolled student can be dropped or transferred at any time using the buttons at the top of this screen.
Simply select a student’s name (or multi- select using the steps on the previous page) and click either the Drop Students or Transfer Students button.
• Drop: Students dropped from a section will be removed from the course, and their report card will no longer show any grades from this course.
• Before the drop is performed, OnCourse will ask for the effective date. Select the date when this action should be performed. The drop will be performed on this date.
• Transfer: Any final marking period grade earned in the first course will transferred to the "Override” area in the corresponding marking period of the destination course. All assignment/test grades will be e-mailed to the new teacher for review, however these assignment/test grades will not appear in the new teacher’s Grade Book.
• Before the transfer is performed, OnCourse will ask you to choose the class to which you'd like to transfer the student.
• You will also need to choose the effective date. Select the date when this action should be performed. The transfer will be performed on this date.
4. Class Enrollment Log
OnCourse keeps an automated log of every student entered/ exited into this course. This feature is helpful is your school is using the OnCourse SIS to submit a state Course Submission.
This tab is located at the top of the student enrollment screen.