The Class Manager is used to create and manage the school’s infrastructure of courses, sections, and meeting times. This infrastructure will be the foundation for generating student schedules, teacher Grade Books, attendance-eligible classes, and more.
Each section in "Sections" tab of your Class Manager needs to have a teacher assigned and meeting times set. This will populate your teachers' grade books, and begin the process of building student schedules.
1. Selecting Teachers for a Section
To add/remove a teacher:
1. Click the hyperlink under the Teachers column.
2. Click the Link Teacher button.
3. Select the teacher’s name from the drop- down menu.
4. If this teacher’s name should be printed on the report card, click the Print on R.C. checkbox.
5. If this is the primary teacher, click the Primary checkbox.
Repeat these steps to add every teacher associated to this class. To remove any teacher, click the red X next to their name.
2. Special Note on State Reporting
If your district is using the OnCourse SIS to generate a Course Submission for your state, it’s important to know that OnCourse is automatically tracking teachers as they enter/exit sections. To view or change the transactional history of this course, click the View Change Log button.
For more instructions on the Course Submission, see the “Course Submission User Guide” in the Learning Center.
3. Setting Meeting Times for Sections
Note: Setting meeting times is only necessary for schools who want to print out student/teacher schedules. Many elementary schools opt to skip this step, because all students will be with the same teacher for most of the day.
Next to each section name, there is a Meeting Times column. If this section has not yet been scheduled, it will read None.
To schedule the meeting times for this section, click the hyperlink in the Meeting Times column.
The schedule grid will appear. If this section has no meeting times yet, the grid will be blank.
4. Adding Meeting Times
1. Use the Room drop-down menu to select the room where the section will meet. If the room does not appear in the list, contact your OnCourse System Manager or the Help Desk.
2. Click in any block of the grid to add a meeting time:
3. Single Class Period: Click in any cell to add a meeting time, which will appear highlighted in green. In the example to the right, the user has clicked on Mon/Period 1 to add a meeting time for this section.
4. All Week Class: To add a meeting time for an entire week, click on the appropriate Period row header (see highlight box, above). In the example above, the user has clicked on Period 3, and meeting times are automatically placed for the entire week.
5. When all meeting times have been plotted on the grid, close this window.
If a meeting time conflicts with another section, it will appear with a yellow alert icon. The panel on the left side will describe the reason for the conflict. To remove any meeting time, simply click it with the mouse, or to delete all, click the Delete All button at the top of the screen.