This guide will walk you through the communication options available to you from within the Grade Book.
1. Sending Email
You can send emails directly from your Grade Book. You can send them to parents, guardians, or the students themselves.
1. Enter the Grade Book.
2. Click "Send Email".
3. Expand "Compose Mail" to expose your class list.
4. Click on a class.
5. Select the recipients.
6. Choosing a template, marking period, and specific assignment are available options.
7. Compose and send your email.
2. Adding New Email Recipients
By default, only guardians labeled "Primary" will be available as email recipients. However, you can make additions to your address book.
1. While in the main email window, expand "Address Book".
2. Expand one of your classes.
3. Select a student.
4. Click the green (+) button to add a recipient.
5. Fill out the form with all necessary information.
6. Save the new contact. You can edit them later.
This can be helpful when adding students to your address book in order to communicate with them directly.
3. Creating Email Templates
You can also create templates if you plan on sending the same type of email on a regular basis.
1. In the main email window, expand "Templates".
2. Click "Add Template".
3. Complete the template, and save.
4. History and Signature
In the main email window, you also have the option of searching your history of sent email and customizing your email signature.
5. Posting Message to OnCourse Connect
In addition to sending emails, you can also post messages to OnCourse Connect from the Grade Book.
1. In the Grade Book, click "Post Message". A new window will open.
2. Expand the folders in order to select which students and/or guardians you would like to message. You can remove recipients from the list by clicking the "trash can" icon next to their name.
3. Once you select all your recipients, click "Next Step".
4. Enter a publish date and time, a subject and message.
5. Click "Post Message".
6. To modify or delete any message, expand the "My Posted Messages" icon.