Weight/Points Grading Method

Follow

Comments

4 comments

  • Avatar
    Ayres, Phread

    Curious why you would automatically apply a certain weight to something when it should be totally at the teacher's discretion as to what category is worth how much weight. By putting in the weights I want, does that over-ride the randomly selected weights that you for some reason feel they should be? If not, how can that be done?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Manila, Tanya

    Categories will always add up to 100%, so you don’t need to explicitly weigh each category. If you choose to manually add a weight to a category, the remaining weight will be automatically distributed between the remaining categories.

    For example, if there are four categories, each is weighted at 25% and you manually change one of the categories to weight 40%, the remaining 60% will be evenly distributed among the remaining three categories (20% each). The total percentage always adding up to 100%.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Brock, Belvia

    Does OnCourse allow you to see or add  fields that denote a) total points possible and b) total points earned? 

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Manila, Tanya

    The Weight/Points method allows teachers to apply weights to their grade book categories, while also weighing individual assignments based on their maximum point value.

    If you choose the Points grading method, you will see total points received over total points possible in the Total Possible Points column. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.