We always hope that our clients will remain our clients, but sometimes you must stop using OnCourse for a period of time. Should you find yourself in that situation, these are the steps you will need to take in order to preserve your data.
1. Lesson Planner Clients
You will most definitely want to export your lesson plans:
• Use the calendar or folders in the left-hand side toolbar to navigate to the week you would like to print.
• Click on the week.
• From the toolbar at the top of the lesson plan grid on the right, click on the Print Preview or Export buttons.
• Select your appropriate settings.
• Click on Word or Excel button.
• Click Open to view your plans in Word or Excel or click Save to specify a location to save your plans
This must be done one week at a time. You also can use the Lesson Planner Export function in your "Reporting" tab which will allow you to export multiple weeks of plans at a time but does not allow you to print standards or lists of attached documents or unit plans.
2. Grade Book Clients
To export the grade book go into My Grade book Tab in OnCourse, there select the Course and Marked period that you would like to export. You will have to export each marked period individually. To export the Grade book click on the Export To Excel button located on the left hand side. This will create an excel file with all of your grades that you can store on the hard drive for your own records.
3. Student Information System Clients
If you use our Student Information System, we allow District Wide Data Managers access to export large amounts of raw data for backup purposes. Please have your data managers call OnCourse Support to discuss activating this feature: 800.899.7204 x4
4. Curriculum Portal/Documents Tab
Items from the Curriculum Portal and Documents tab will have to be downloaded one item at a time.
Exporting Unit Plans:
• Open the unit plan
• Click the "Export to Word" icon in the top-right corner
Exporting Curriculum Maps:
• Open the curriculum map
• Click the "Actions" icon in the top-left corner of the map
• Select the "Export to Excel" option
5. Evaluations & SGOs
Evaluations, Observations, PGPs, and SGOs will also have to be exported individually.
• Open the observation
• Click "Export"
• Make sure all check boxes are checked
• Make sure the drop down under "Rate" is set to "Print all levels"
• Open the SGO
• At the bottom, click "Export to PDF"