Teachers can use the Sharing feature to view and swap lesson plans between Lesson Planner accounts.
Lesson Plan Sharing is one of the most popular features in the Lesson Planner suite. It's used by:
• Teachers that write lesson plans together
• Special Education teachers who need to understand what is happening in the classroom
• New teachers that are becoming acclimated to lesson planning
• Colleagues in different districts who have an existing relationship and want to continue to collaborate
1. Granting Access to your Lesson Plans
To share plans with a colleague, you must both grant access to one another's Lesson Planner.
To grant access:
1. Open the Lesson Planner
2. Click the Sharing button the left side of the screen
3. The Sharing window will open into a new tab
The Sharing window is split into two panes (see image). On the
left, you'll see any staff members who you've already shared
your plans with. These users can see your plans already. On
the right are staff members that have shared their plans with
2. Sharing Your Plans with a Staff Member
To add a new staff member:
1. Under Staff Members Who I have Shared My Plans With, click the Add Staff Members button (see images).
2. Search boxes will allow you to search by school, then by first or last name. To view all users in the school: Select your school from the drop-down menu and click the Search button. To search for an individual: select your school from the drop-down menu, then type either the first of last name in the corresponding boxes and click Search.
3. Locate the desired staff member and click the check box next to their name.
4. To select all users, click the check box at the very top of the list. To sort the list by any column, click the header.
5. When all desired staff members are selected, click the Add button.
6. These users can now access your plans.
3. Sharing with someone from another District.
To share Lesson Plans with a colleague from a different school
1. Select the blue question mark bubble (see image.
2. The number highlighted in the second image shows you your "Share ID". You will need this number from other colleagues to view their plans, and likewise, you will need to provide them your number to share your plans.
3. Once you have received your colleagues' Share IDs, copy them into the box labeled ID#, and click the green (+) button.
4. Removing Sharing Access
To remove a staff member from either of your Sharing lists, simply check the box next to their name and click the Remove Selected button.
5. Viewing Shared Plans
Before viewing a colleague's plans, they must have already
granted you access to their Lesson Planner.
To switch to another teacher's Lesson Planner:
1. On the left side of the screen, directly under the calendar, click the Change User drop-down menu.
2. Select the name of the teacher whose plans you'd like to view.
3. Their lesson plans will appear in place of your own. (see image)
4. To open a plan, either click a calendar week or open the archive folders, and click on a week to view. NOTE: Use the Search Plans button to find plans based on a keyword. Also, this side menu can be used to review the colleague's Unit Plans and Templates.
5. The selected plan will launch into a new tab.
Important Note: A reviewer cannot modify shared plans. These
plans can be copied, but never changed.
6. Copying Shared Plans
Shared plans can be copied using the Copy Plan, Copy
Standards, and Copy Page buttons. The Copy Plan and
Copy Standards buttons appear when the mouse cursor is
hovered over any lesson plan block. The Copy Page button
resides on the toolbar. Copy buttons are also available on the
row and column headers.
See the image below where the copy buttons will be located.
Once you've copied the information, return back to your lesson
plan and paste in the appropriate Lesson Plan block.