This guide is part 2 of a series about advanced searches. If you have not visited part 1, please do so.
1. Export to Excel
Once you run an advanced search, there is an "Export to Excel" button that will allow you to create an Excel spreadsheet that contains:
• All Results - click to export all of your search reports
• Selected Results - use the check boxes to select any record from your report to only select those chosen items.
2. Mail Merge
The results of the Advanced Search can be used to populate letters or mailing labels. You initiate this process by clicking the "Mail Merge" button. The process of mail merging is detailed fully in a separate guide.
3. Distributing Reports
Saved reports can be shared with other OnCourse users. The recipients of this report can view the contents and make temporary modifications to the report layout, but cannot permanently modify the search parameters. To distribute a report:
1. In the "Saved Searches" tab, click the "Distribute to Users" icon.
2. On the left side of the new window, click the report to be distributed.
3. In the main section of this window, click the green (+) icon labeled "Add Permissions."
4. Here you can grant access to this report to people across the district, across one or more schools within the district, to individual users, or to groups defined within the Resource Manager
5. Click the green (+) button next to the group or individual to whom you'd like to grant access to this report. Close the window once you've finished adding.
6. Set the permission level for each individual/group.
7. Click the red (x) if you need to remove any group or person from the list.
4. Modifying Advanced Searches
If you need to alter an advanced search at any time, simple click the yellow pencil icon next to the search to open the main window.