This final setup guide will walk you through your website's Main Menu. It's a great and easy way of organizing your website for yourself and your students!
1. Edit Main Menu Items
To add, reorder, publish, or delete menu items, click on the Pencil icon, above the menu .A new window appears where you can:
1. Add new page;
2. Reorder how the pages will appear on your main menu;
3. Publish your web pages;
4. Delete any you wish except the Homepage and the Homework & Events web pages.
2. Add a New Page or Web Link
To add a new page
1. Click Add New Page.
2. Create a name for the new page.
3. Checking the Published checkbox will make your new page immediately available on your public website. Leave this unchecked if you do not want this page accessible
To add a link
1. Name your menu item.
2. Enter the web address in the website link box. (Ex: google.com)
3. Check the Published checkbox to make this link available on your public website.
4. At the bottom right, click the SAVE PAGE button.
NOTE: If the Published box is unchecked, you will only be able to see this menu item while you are editing. It will not be visible on the public website. This is a great way to design a web page for future projects and only publish it at the appropriate time.
3. Reorder Items in Menu List
Click and drag the menu item to a new position in the list.
4. Delete Items in Menu List
1. From the Edit Website Links window, click the Delete button to the right of the menu list item you would like to remove.
2. Click Yes to the Confirm Delete message.
NOTE: Notice that the My Homepage and Homework & Events webpages do NOT have a DELETE button. These are default webpages and cannot be deleted. They will always appear on your published Teacher Website.
5. Restoring Deleted Menu Items
1. Click on the Deleted Pages sub tab within the Edit Website Links window.
2. Use the Deleted On column to determine the version of the menu item you would like to restore.
3. Click the Restore icon next to the version of the page you would like to restore.
4. Click Yes to the Confirm Restore message.
6. Publish Page
1. Click directly on the page name.This will open the Edit Page window.
2. Check the Published check box in the Edit Page window.
3. Click Save Page.
7. Website Setup Complete
If you've made it this far then you have the basics of a great website. Keep adding new material throughout the year to make it a truly engaging experience for your students!