This guide will walk you through the steps to create Data Sets for your school District. This feature is only available to Districts.
1. About Data Sets
Lesson Plans written in OnCourse can be linked to "Data Sets". Data Sets are created by District Administrators. Examples include Instructional Strategies, Accommodations and Modifications, Resources and Technology, etc.
As teachers are linking these items to their plans, administrators can then run reports to find out how often certain strategies, technologies, or accommodations/ modifications are being used to help make strategic and budgetary decisions.
2. Data Sets Included with Implementation
OnCourse has Data Sets for school districts already created. If you would like to review them please read this guide, Data Sets or References & Objectives. Contact OnCourse to have these data sets activated for your district.
3. Adding a New Data Set
(You can only add/edit/create new data sets if you are the District Wide Data Manager for your District)
1. After logging into OnCourse, navigate to your System Manager tab, then District, Lesson Plan Settings, and Data Sets.
2. Click on Add Data Set (see image).
3. Complete the fields in the new window. The Tab Display Name should be an abbreviation of the longer Data Set Name. (i.e. Accommodations and Modifications should be A&M)
4. Add New Category/Folder Under a Current Data Set
1. Under your new Data Set, click Add Node.
2. Enter the data to describe your new Node. (see image)
3. Click Save.
4. Continue until your folders are complete.
Note: Sort orders should be entered in increments of 10, so that if you need to go back and add in-between, you'll have 9 slots to sort data.
5. Adding data items to your folder/category
1. Click on the Add Node within your new folder.
2. The Add Node window will appear. Complete the same fields as before. Leave the check box "Linkable" checked.
3. Click Save.
4. Repeat for as many items has you have within that category. (See image for example)