The curriculum portal is accessible to parents and students by granting
certain access to folders and files. This guide will describe how district-level administrators can set those permissions and how parents can access curriculum materials.
1. Curriculum Portal
You must start by accessing your Curriculum Portal tab. If you do not have this tab, please contact your OnCourse district data manager or OnCourse Support.
2. Set Permissions
Public users must be granted access to each folder in the portal. This can be streamlined by setting permissions at the top of the tree and moving downwards, but you must double check each folder to make sure students and parents only have access to the materials to which you want them to have access:
1. Navigate to your Curriculum Portal.
2. Right-click on your district folder, select "Sharing."
3. Click the green (+) button labeled "Add Permissions."
4. In the "District" tab, click the green (+) button labeled "All Anonymous Users."
5. Close the window.
6. The access level for "All Anonymous Users" will default to "Read," which means they can view the curriculum materials but cannot make any changes.
3. Repeat As Necessary
The steps above will grant your parents and students access to the main folder, but you will have to repeat those steps for each sub-folder to which you want to grant them access.
4. Locating District ID
Parents and students can only access the Curriculum Portal by
using a public url in the following format:
You can locate your district ID in your System Manager tab. Your ID is the number in parentheses next to your district folder.
5. Public View
Below is a screenshot of what your guardians and students will see when they navigate to the correct web address.