Prior to this guide you should have completed the guide "Writing Your Lesson Plans". Now, you will learn how to link standards to your daily lesson plans.
1. Accessing Standards
1. Click a lesson plan block to open the editor.
2. On the left hand side is a list of items that can be linked to the plan.
3. Double-click on standards.
4. Click the standards to view.
5. Choose the Content Area, and select a grade level.
2. Linking Standards
1. Selected standards are shown.
2. Click the green plus icon to link the standard.
3. The linked standard will appear in the bottom section, "Standards Linked To This Lesson Plan".
4. Click the red minus icon to remove the standard.
3. Searching for Standards
1. Search by keyword or number
2. Click Search
3. Type keyword or number
4. Search results will display for you to link.
5. Clear Search button to return to full list.
4. Standards Frequency Indicator
The Standards Frequency Indicator will display the number of
times per year the standard has been linked.
Note: Schools that are using the Class Linking Feature will see
two columns. The left indicator will show the total times linked.
The second column will show the total times linked for this specific class.
5. Setting a Standards Set as a "Favorite"
1. Navigate to the set of standards you would like to favorite.
(Steps 1 & 2 above)
2. Click the Gold Star icon.
3. Rename the set for your Favorites.
4. A new "Favorite Standard Sets" Folder will be added.
6. Linking References and Objectives
If your District is using References and Objectives they are also
1. Double-click References and Objectives
2. Click on the set.
3. Click the small link icon to link.
4. You can also click the name for a description and then click the link button.
7. Viewing Linked Standards and References
1. After the lesson plan block has been Saved & Closed.
2. Linked Standards and References can be view by clicking on the blue flag.
8. Power Standards
• If your school is utilizing the Power Standards Feature you
may see stars or flags next to the standards.
• Hold the mouse over the icon to read the notation for the
• To view only the power standards, click the Show Only
Flagged Items checkbox.
• You can also you the drop-down menu to switch between multiple power standards.
9. Accessing Standards-Correlated Resources
• If a standard has been linked to supplemental resources in
the Curriculum Portal you will see a paper icon.
• Click the icon to view the resources.
• Double-click the resource to open/download.