In addition to recording and tracking discipline incidents, OnCourse also allows you to create letters to be sent home to parents and guardians. This is a great tool to keep parents informed of student behavior throughout the school year. This guide will show you how to make instant discipline letters.
You must first open a student profile in the People tab, then navigate to the "Discipline" tab within their profile.
Letters must be attached to specific incidents, so you must now select an incident. You'll get a quick preview of the incident in the "Incident Details" section to the right of the screen so you'll know you're selecting the correct incident.
In the "Incident Details" section, there is a "Letters" icon. This is how you will select your letter template and create your letter:
1. Click the "Letters" icon. The new menu will show letters already created for this particular letter.
2. Click the green (+) icon to create a new letter.
3. Select a letter template from the drop down menu
4. Verify that the student and guardian information merged correctly.
5. Click "Save & Print." This will save your letter to the "Letters" tab and open the printing window. 6. Adjust your print setting within your browser printing window and print your letter
Once you have created and saved the letters, OnCourse stores and archives the letters in the "Letters" tab.